MULTIFUNCTION METER CX-705
The most important features:
- The meter ensures highest accuracy and stability of the measurements.
- CX-705 may be used in laboratory as well as in the field after placing it in a special case with rechargeable batteries (optional).
- Measures pH, redox potential (mV), conductivity, salinity, TDS, resistivity, ions, dissolved oxygen in % of saturation or mg/l, oxygen in the air, atmospheric pressure and temperature.
- All operations are controlled with use of buttons generated on the 10“ colour graphic backlit touch screen.
- Large screen enables simultaneous measurements and observing results of all 7 functions displayed in numerical form.
- Calibration of the pH electrode, ion electrodes (ISE) and conductivity cell in 1 ÷ 5 points, oxygen sensor in 1 ÷ 2 points.
- In the pH function automatic correction of the pH standard solution value changes, along with the temperature changes for NIST standards.
- In the conductivity measurement function automatic selection of the temperature coefficient α for natural and ultra pure water.
- The results of the chosen function and results of series stored in the memory may be displayed in a graphic form.
- Function of semi-automatic titration.
- Datalogger for 8000 data sets.
- USB output for connecting with a PC.
- Meets the GLP requirements.
- Highest technical level, accuracy and wide range of additional features at an affordable price.
Detailed description:CX-705 multifunction meter belongs to the newest generation of measuring equipment and enables very accurate measurements of:
2. redox potential (mV);
3. ion concentration;
4. conductivity of solution;
5. salinity calculated to NaCl, KCl or TDS;
6. resistivity of solution;
7. oxygen saturation in air (%) and dissolved oxygen concentration in water (% or mg/l);
8. atmospheric pressure;
9. temperature of air or solutions in °C, °F and K;
10. enables semi-automatic titration.
- Measurements in all functions are made with the highest accuracy.
- All operations are done with use of buttons generated on the 10“ colour graphic backlit touch screen.
- Possibility of simultaneous measurements and observing results of all 7 functions displayed in numerical form.
- The chosen function may be displayed in graphic form.
- CX-705 may be used in laboratory as well as in the field after placing it in a special casewith rechargeable batteries (optional).
- The rechargeable batteries, in the case, allow for continuous work in the field for 8 to 15 hours (depending on the kind of the chosen measuring functions and the screen settings).
- Standardised operation procedures for all measuring functions facilitate working.
- Stabilised reading signalisation with the ”READY” symbol and a sound.
- ”HOLD” function to freeze the result on the display.
- Built-in sockets enable simultaneous measurements of pH, ions (or redox potential), conductivity and salinity, oxygen dissolved in water or oxygen saturation in the air and temperature.
- The pH and temperature sockets are isolated from ion sockets; pH, temperature and ion sockets are isolated from oxygen and conductivity sockets, what enables accurate and error free simultaneous measurements in this same vessel.
- Pop up windows with additional information and comments facilitate working.
- Possibility of creating and sending a report from the last 10 calibrations to the computer.
- Storing and remembering the upcoming calibration date.
- Except work with power adapter the meter may be powered with external rechargeable battery, what enables long-lasting measurements in the field conditions with use of special carrying case with batteries (optional) or during work in field measuring stations without power sources.
In the pH measurement function:
- Calibration of the pH electrode in 1 ÷ 5 points.
- Automatic detection of the buffer solutions, their values may be set by the user.
- Automatic correction of the pH standard solution value changes along with the temperature changes for NIST standards, what eliminates the necessity of warming up or cooling them down.
- Possibility of storing characteristics of 3 pH electrodes enables their quick replacing, very useful feature during field work.
- Automatic control of the electrode’s condition.
- Possibility of viewing the electrode's parameters – offset and slope.
- The measuring circuits of pH and conductivity are isolated what enables accurate and error free simultaneous measurements in this same vessel.
- Depending on the kind of applied electrode it may be used for clean water, sewage, soil, pastes, etc. measurements.
In the mV and redox potential measurement function:
- Precise Redox potential measurement (accuracy 0.1 mV).
- Possibility of mV measurement in relation to the set or measured reference potential (Vref).
In the conductivity measurement function:
- Full measuring range enables measurements in ultra pure water as well as in very high conductivity solutions.
- 6 sub-ranges switched automatically.
- In case of measurements of natural water with conductivity from 60 μS/cm to 1 mS/cm the meter enables using non-linear temperature compensation. The parameters of this type of water are determined in norm EN27888:1999 and concern surface water, deep water and well water. This solution lowers the measurement error.
- The measurement accuracy of the ultra pure water with temperature compensation was increased by automatic adjustment of the α coefficient depending on the temperature and kind of trace contaminations.
- Calibration by entering the constant K in range 0.010 ÷ 20.000 cm-1 or in standard solutions in 1 to 5 points.
- Wide range of the α coefficient 0 ÷ 10 % / °C chosen depending on the measured solution.
- Possibility to store constants K of 3 cells which cover the whole measuring range.
- Smooth change of the reference temperature value.
- Automatic calculation of conductivity into salinity in NaCl or KCl on the basis of the real characteristics instead of a constant coefficient, what greatly increases accuracy.
- Possibility of defining the TDS with entering the TDS coefficient in range 0.2 ÷ 1.0.
- Possibility to make measurements of electric admittance of tree seedlings (determining the vitality of seedlings with a special sensor).
- High accuracy conductivity cell ECF-1 available as an additional equipment. Measuring range 0 ÷ 400 mS/cm sufficient for measurements in ultra pure water and high salt concentration samples. Metal electrodes are easy to clean and PVC body protects it against mechanical damage.
In the oxygen measurement function:
- Automatic calculation of atmospheric pressure influence on oxygen concentration in water in mg/l.
- Automatic transfer of the salinity measured in the conductivity mode to the oxygen measurement mode with calculation of its influence on the oxygen content value.
- 1 or 2 point oxygen sensor calibration.
- Wide measuring range enables measurements in lakes and tanks with blooming vegetation.
- In case of oxygen measurements it is recommended to buy an accurate, easy in use and maintenance galvanic COG-1 oxygen sensor.
In the atmospheric pressure measurement function:
- Possibility of continuous observation of atmospheric pressure value on the meter’s screen.
- Unit of the pressure measurement may be changed between: hPa, Bar, mmHg.
- Enables ion concentration measurements of monovalent, bivalent, negative and positive ions.
- The measuring range of the meter enables co-operation with all ion selective electrodes (ISE) chosen depending on the measured Ion, equipped with BNC connector.
- Molar weight and valence of the measured ion is automatically introduced.
- Possibility to choose the unit among pX, g/l, M/l, ppm.
- Automatic conversion of units – e.g. M/l to mg/l.
- Possibility of entering freely chosen standard solution value.
- A simultaneous measurement of pH and redox potential (ORP) or pH and ions possible, with use of separate connectors.
In the Ion measurement mode:
In the temperature measurement mode:
- Choice of the unit: °C, °F, K.
- Introducing the number of the group of the selected temperature sensor what increases the accuracy.
In the titration mode:
- Potentiometric, calorimetric and conductometric titration with automatic determining of the crutial values (e.g. endpoints).
- The only required operating procedure is entering the volume of the added titrator.
- The results of titration are collected as series of measurements with the endpoints marked.
- Storage for up to 8000 readings collected in groups in the meter's internal memory.
- The results of all currently measured functions are recorded simultaneously.
- Cooperation with a PC with use of USB connector, what enables transfering the current readings or the series collected in the meter’s memory to the PC.
- Automatic or manual temperature compensation.
- The charts may be scaled both during the continuous observation and during the analysis of the collected readings, zoom function.
- The results and calibration data are stored in non-volatile memory.
- Three languages: Polish, English and German.
- Internal clock with date.
- The meter meets the GLP requirements.
- 24 months of warranty.
In standars set the CT2S-121 temperature sensor with the Pt-1000S resistor added.
The case set for CX-705 for the field workThe meter is placed firmly in the case. The accessories – electrodes, probes, cells and power adapter - may be put sideways in the case. The rechargeable batteries are placed in the upper side, they may be charged without taking them out of the case.
|O2 (mg/l)||O2 (%)||Temperature|
|Range||-6.000 ÷ 20.000 pH||±2000.0 mV||
0 ÷ 2000.0 mS/cm
0 ÷ 239 g/l KCl
0 ÷ 296 g/l NaCl
|0 ÷ 60 mg/l||
0 ÷ 600 %,
in the air:
0 ÷ 100 %
-50.00 ÷ 200.00 °C
-58.00 ÷ 392.00 °F
223.15 ÷ 473.15 K
|±0.001 pH*||±0.1 mV*||
up to to 19.99 mS/cm ±0.1 %*
above 20.00 mS/cm ±0.25 %* /
salinity 2 %*
|±0.01 mg/l*||±0.1 %*||
|Temp. compensation||-5 ÷ 110 °C||-||-5 ÷ 70 °C||0 ÷ 40 °C||-||-|
|α coefficient||-||-||0.00 ÷ 10.00 %/°C||-||-||-|
|K constant||-||-||0.010 ÷ 20.000 cm-1||-||-||-|
|Resistivity||Range: 0.500 Ωcm ÷ 200 MΩcm, accuracy ±2% of the measured value|
|Air pressure range||800 ÷ 1100 hPa, accuracy ±2 HPa|
|Power||15 V/1 A power adapter or external rechargeable battery (optional)|
|Dimensions (mm)||L = 322, W = 232, H = 34 / 30|
|*||The accuracy of the meter only.|
|**||The accuracy of the meter only. With COG-1 or COG-2 oxygen sensor the accuracy at calibration temperature: ±1%. By the difference ±5 °C accuracy: ±3%, by the difference ±10 °C accuracy: ±5%.|
|***||The accuracy of the meter only. The total error includes the meters and probe’s accuracy. In the range 0 ÷ 100 °C the acceptable error of the probe with Pt-1000S resistor:±0.27 °C.|