MULTIFUNCTION LABORATORY METER CX-505
The most important features:
- CX-505 measures pH, redox potential (mV), conductivity, salinity, TDS, resistivity, dissolved oxygen in % of saturation or mg/l, atmospheric pressure and temperature.
- High accuracy and repeatability in all measuring functions.
- Calibration of the pH electrode and conductivity cell in 1 ÷ 5 points, oxygen sensor in 1 ÷ 2 points.
- Backlit display enables observation of the chosen function and temperature.
- In the pH function automatic correction of the pH standard solution value changes, along with the temperature changes for NIST standards.
- In the conductivity measurement function automatic selection of the temperature coefficient α for natural and ultra pure water.
- In the conductivity function possibility of entering the α coefficient.
- Memory of 4 000 results.
- USB output.
- Meets the GLP requirements.
Detailed description:CX-505 measures pH, redox potential (mV), conductivity, salinity, TDS, dissolved oxygen in % of saturation or mg/l, atmospheric pressure and temperature. This meter includes all functions of pH meters, conductivity meters and oxygen meters of the 505 series. All measuring functions are characterised by a very high accuracy and stability of the measurement. The most recent model has been modified, what results in offering new functions which make working easier, ensure higher accuracy and fulfil more requirements.
- ”HOLD” function to freeze the result on the display.
- Signalisation of the result stabilisation with the ”READY” symbol and a sound.
- Possibility of sending a calibration report to a PC - up to 10 last calibrations.
- Equipped with an easy to read backlight LCD display.
- Unification of operating procedures for all functions makes working easier.
In the pH measurement function:
- Calibration of the pH electrode in 1 ÷ 5 points.
- Automatic detection of the buffer solutions, their values may be set by the user.
- Automatic correction of the pH standard solution value changes along with the temperature changes for NIST standards, what eliminates the necessity of warming up or cooling them down.
- Possibility of storing characteristics of 3 pH electrodes enables their quick replacing.
- Automatic control of the electrode’s condition.
- Possibility of viewing the electrode's parameters (offset and slope).
- The measuring circuits of pH and conductivity are isolated what enables accurate and error free simultaneous measurements in this same vessel.
- Depending on the kind of applied electrode it may be used for clean water, sewage, soil, pastes, etc..
In the mV and redox potential measurement function:
- Precise Redox potential measurement (accuracy 0.1 mV).
- Possibility of mV measurement in relation to the set or measured reference potential (Vref).
- Possibility of automatic calculation of the redox potential result in reference to the standard hydrogen electrode.
In the conductivity measurement function:
- Full measuring range enables measurements in ultra pure water as well as in very salty solutions.
- 6 sub-ranges switched automatically.
- In case of measurements of natural water with conductivity from 60 μS/cm to 1 mS/cm the meter enables using non-linear temperature compensation. The parameters of this type of water are determined in norm EN27888:1999 and concern surface waters, deep water and well water. This solution lowers the measurement error.
- The measurement accuracy of the ultra pure water with temperature compensation was increased by automatic adjustment of the α coefficient depending on the temperature and kind of trace contaminations.
- Calibration by entering the constant K of the cell or in standard solutions in 1 to 5 points.
- Wide range of α coefficient 0 ÷ 10 % / °C chosen depending on the measured solution.
- Possibility of changing the reference temperature.
- Possibility to store constants K of 3 cells which cover whole measuring range.
- Automatic calculation of conductivity into salinity in NaCl or KCl on the basis of the real characteristics instead of a constant coefficient, what greatly increases accuracy.
- Possibility of defining the TDS with entering the TDS coefficient in range 0.2 ÷ 1.0.
- The resistivity measurement option added.
- High accuracy conductivity cell ECF-1 available as additional equipment. Measuring range 0 ÷ 400 mS/cm sufficient for measurements in ultra pure water and high salt concentration samples. Metal electrodes are easy to clean and PVC body protects it against mechanical damage.
In the oxygen measurement function:
- Automatic calculation of atmospheric pressure influence on oxygen concentration in water in mg/l.
- Automatic transfer of the salinity measured in the conductivity mode to the oxygen measurement mode with calculation of its influence on the oxygen content value.
- 1 or 2 point oxygen sensor calibration.
- In case of oxygen measurements it is recommended to buy an accurate, easy in use and maintenance galvanic COG-1 oxygen sensor.
In the atmospheric pressure measurement function:
- Possibility of continuous observation of atmospheric pressure value on the meter’s screen.
- Automatic or manual temperature compensation.
- Internal clock with date.
- Datalogger for 4000 data sets.
- Storing of measurement’s results with time and date, taken as single or in series with set time interval.
- The results and calibration data are stored in non-volatile memory.
- Possibility of screen brightness control depending on the external conditions.
- Storing and remembering the set date of next calibration.
- USB output for connecting with a PC.
- Powered with power adapter.
- The meter meets the GLP requirements.
- 24 months of warranty.
In standars set the CT2B-121 temperature sensor is added.
|O2 (mg/l)||O2 (%)||Temperature|
|Range||-2.000 ÷ 16.000 pH||±1999.9 mV||
0 ÷ 1999.9 mS/cm
0 ÷ 239 g/l KCl
0 ÷ 296 g/l NaCl
|0 ÷ 60 mg/l||
0 ÷ 600 %,
in the air:
0 ÷ 100 %
-50.00 ÷ 200.00 °C
(± 1 digit)
|±0.002 pH*||±0.1 mV*||
up to to 19.99 mS/cm ±0.1 %*
above 20.00 mS/cm ±0.25 %* /
salinity 2 %*
|±0.01 mg/l*||±0.1 %**||
|Temp. compensation||-5 ÷ 110 °C||-||-5 ÷ 70 °C||0 ÷ 40 °C||0 ÷ 40 °C||-|
|α coefficient||-||-||0.00 ÷ 10.00 %/°C||-||-||-|
|K constant||-||-||0.010 ÷ 19.999 cm-1||-||-||-|
|Resistivity||Range: 0.500 Ωcm ÷ 200 MΩcm, accuracy ±2% of the measured value|
|Air pressure range||800 ÷ 1100 hPa, accuracy ±2 HPa|
|Power supply||12 V / 100 mA power adapter|
|Dimensions (mm)||L = 200, W = 180 H = 20/50|
|*||The accuracy of the meter only.|
|**||The accuracy of the meter only. With COG-1 or COG-2 oxygen sensor the accuracy at calibration temperature: ±1%. By the difference ±5 °C accuracy: ±3%, by the difference ±10 °C accuracy: ±5%.|
|***||The accuracy of the meter only. The total error includes the meters and probe’s accuracy. In the range 0 ÷ 100 °C the acceptable error of the probe with Pt-1000B resistor: ±0.8 °C, with Pt-1000A resistor: ±0.35 °C.|