MULTIFUNCTION LABORATORY METER CX-502
The most important features:
- High accuracy and repeatability in all measuring functions.
- CX-502 measures pH, redox potential (mV), conductivity, salinity, TDS, resistivity, dissolved oxygen in % of saturation or mg/l, atmospheric pressure and temperature.
- The meter has a built in thermal printer (60mm).
- Calibration of the pH electrode in 1 ÷ 5 points, oxygen sensor in 1 ÷ 2 points, conductivity cell by entering the constant K of the cell or in standard solutions in 1 point.
- In the pH function automatic correction of the pH standard solution value changes, along with the temperature changes for NIST standards.
- In the conductivity function possibility of entering the α coefficient.
- Memory of 4000 results.
- USB output
Detailed description:CX-502 measures pH, redox potential (mV), conductivity, salinity, TDS, resistivity, dissolved oxygen in % of saturation or mg/l, atmospheric pressure and temperature. Equipped with 60 mm thermal printer. The meter includes all functions of pH meters, conductivity meters and oxygen meters of the 502 series. High accuracy and stability in all the measuring functions. The most recent model has been modified, what results in offering new functions which make working easier, ensure higher accuracy and fulfil more requirements.
- The meter is equipped with built-in 60 mm thermal printer.
- "HOLD" function to freeze the result on the display.
- Signalisation of the result stabilisation with the “READY” symbol and a sound.
- Possibility of sending a calibration report to a PC - up to 10 last calibrations.
- Equipped with an easy to read backlight LCD display.
- Standardised operating procedures for all functions makes working easier.
In the pH measuring function:
- Depending on the kind of applied electrode it may be used for clean water, sewage, soil, pastes, etc.
- Calibration of the pH electrode: 1 ÷ 5 points.
- Automatic detection of the buffers’ value entered by the user.
- Automatic correction of the pH standard solution value (NIST) with the temperature changes, there is no necessity to adjust the temperature of the solution.
- Possibility of storing characteristics of 3 pH electrodes enables replacing them quickly.
- Automatic control of the electrode’s condition.
- Possibility of viewing the electrode's parameters (buffer and slope).
- The measuring circuits of pH and conductivity are isolated what enables accurate and error free simultaneous measurements in this same vessel.
In the mV and redox potential measurement function:
- Precise redox potential measurement (accuracy 0.1mV).
- Possibility to measure redox potential relatively to the entered or measured reference potential – Vref.
- Possibility of automatic calculation of the redox potential result in reference to the standard hydrogen electrode.
In the conductivity measuring mode:
- Full measuring range enables measurements in ultra pure water as well as in very polluted solutions or chemical compounds.
- Resistivity measurement.
- Salinity measurement with calculation to NaCl or KCl.
- Possibility of defining the TDS with entering the TDS coefficient in range 0.2 ÷ 1.0.
- 6 sub-ranges switched automatically.
- Wide range of α coefficient 0 ÷ 10 % / °C chosen depending on the measured solution.
- In case of measurements of natural water with conductivity from 60 µS/cm to 1 mS/cm the meter enables using non-linear temperature compensation. The parameters of this type of water are determined in the norm EN27888:1999 and concern surface water, deep water and well water. This solution lowers the measurement error.
- The measurement accuracy of ultra pure water with temperature compensation was increased by automatic adjustment of the α coefficient depending on the temperature and kind of trace contaminations.
- Calibration by entering the constant K of the cell or in standard solutions in 1 to 5 points.
- Possibility of changing the reference temperature.
- Possibility to store constants K of 3 cells, which cover whole measuring range.
- Automatic calculation of conductivity into salinity in NaCl or KCl on the basis of the actual characteristics instead of a constant coefficient, what greatly increases accuracy.
- High accuracy conductivity cell ECF-1 available as additional equipment. Measuring range: 0 ÷ 400 mS/cm is sufficient for conductivity measurements in majority of liquids of maximal concentration, e.g. aqueous soil extracts and water with grease or oil. Metal electrodes are easy to clean. Plastic housing protects from mechanical damage.
In the dissolved oxygen measurement mode:
- Automatic calculation of atmospheric influence on oxygen dissolved concentration in water in mg/l.
- Automatic transfer of the salinity value measured in the conductivity mode to the oxygen measurement mode (in mg/l) with calculation of its influence on the oxygen content value.
- Calibration of the oxygen sensor in 1 or 2 points.
- In case of oxygen measurements it is recommended to buy an accurate, easy in use and maintenance galvanic COG-1 oxygen sensor.
In the atmospheric pressure measuring function
- Possibility of continuous observation of atmospheric pressure value on the meter’s screen.
- Automatic or manual temperature compensation.
- Internal clock with date.
- Datalogger for 4000 data sets.
- Storing of measurement results with time and date, taken as single or in series with set time interval.
- The results and calibration data are stored in non-volatile memory.
- Possibility of screen brightness control depending on the external conditions.
- Remembers the next calibration date.
- USB output for connecting with a PC.
- Change of the date protected by a password
- The data transmission software enables printout of the data in a form protected against any changes.
- Powered by power adapter.
- The meter meets the GLP requirements.
- 24 months of warranty for the meter.
- Pendrive with software for data transmission and collection and user's manual in English included in the set.
In comparison with the CX-505 meter, the CX-502 model is equipped with a smaller display.
The accessories are chosen individually.
The standard set includes CT2B-121 temperature probe.
|O2 (mg/l)||O2 (%)||Temperature|
|Range||-6.000 ÷ 20.000 pH||±1999.9 mV||
0 ÷ 1999.9 mS/cm
0 ÷ 239 g/l KCl
0 ÷ 296 g/l NaCl
|0 ÷ 60 mg/l||
0 ÷ 600 %,
in the air:
0 ÷ 100 %
-50.00 ÷ 199.9 °C
|±0.002 pH*||±0.1 mV*||
up to to 19.99 mS/cm ±0.1 %*
above 20.00 mS/cm ±0.25 %* /
salinity 2 %*
|±0.01 mg/l*||±0.1 %**||
|Temp. compensation||-5 ÷ 110 °C||-||-5 ÷ 70 °C||0 ÷ 40 °C||-||-|
|α coefficient||-||-||0.00 ÷ 10.00 %/°C||-||-||-|
|K constant||-||-||0.010 ÷ 19.999 cm-1||-||-||-|
|Resistivity||Range: 0.500 Ωcm ÷ 200 MΩcm, accuracy: ±2% of the measured value*|
|Air pressure range||800 ÷ 1100 hPa, accuracy ±2 HPa|
|Printer||thermal, width = 60 mm|
|Power supply||6 V / 2 A power adapter|
|Dimensions (mm)||L = 200, W = 180 H = 20/50||PC connection||USB|
|*||The accuracy of the meter only.|
|**||The accuracy of the meter only. With COG-1 or COG-2 oxygen sensor the accuracy at calibration temperature: ±1%. By the difference ±5 °C accuracy: ±3%, by the difference ±10 °C accuracy: ±5%.|
|***||The accuracy of the meter only. The total error includes the meters and probe’s accuracy. In the range 0 ÷ 100 °C the acceptable error of the probe with Pt-1000B resistor: ±0.8 °C, with Pt-1000A resistor: ±0.35 °C.|