WATERPROOF MULTIFUNCTION METER CX-461
The most important features:
- Very high accuracy meter for use in the field and laboratory.
- Measures pH, redox potential (mV), conductivity, salinity, TDS, resistivity, oxygen in the air in % and oxygen dissolved in water in % of saturation or mg/l, atmospheric pressure and temperature.
- Simultaneous observation of all the chosen functions results on the colour touch sreen.
- Calibration of the pH electrode and conductivity cell in 1 ÷ 5 points, O2 sensor in 1 ÷ 2 points.
- In the pH function automatic correction of the pH standard solution value changes, along with the temperature changes for NIST standards.
- In the conductivity measurement function automatic selection of the temperature coefficient α for natural and ultra pure water.
- Memory of 2 000 data sets.
- USB output.
- Small size and weight.
- Waterproof housing (IP-66) enables working in difficult conditions.
- Meets the GLP requirements.
Detailed description:CX-461 belongs to the newest generation of highly accurate measuring devices. The meter is designed for accurate measurements of: pH, redox potential (mV), conductivity, salinity, resistivity of the measured liquid, oxygen dissolved in water or oxygen saturation in the air, atmospheric pressure and temperature. It is distinguished by a large 3,2” colour graphic touch screen. It is possible to choose a version with GXZ-3tk multifunction (multiparameter) head with electrodes for simultaneous measurement of three different functions (e.g. pH, conductivity and oxygen dissolved in water with temperature) or version with single electrodes. The models have different connectors.
- CX-461 may be used for laboratory and field measurements.
- Enables simultaneous measurement of 1 to 4 functions with displaying their results on the screen at one time.
- Unification of the operating procedures in all measuring functions makes working trouble-free.
- ”HOLD” function to freeze the result on the display.
- Signalisation of the result stabilisation with ”READY” symbol and a sound.
- Possibility of sending a calibration report to a PC - up to 10 last calibrations.
- Low weight and small size make working in the field easier.
- Waterproof housing (IP-66) enables working in difficult conditions.
In the pH measurement function:
- Depending on the kind of applied electrode it may be used for measurements of: clean water, sewage, soil, pastes, etc.
- Calibration of the pH electrode in 1 ÷ 5 points.
- Ability to store constants K of three cells, which cover the whole conductivity range.
- Automatic detection of buffer solutions, their values may be set by the user.
- Automatic correction of the stored pH standard solution value along with the temperature changes for NIST standards, what eliminates the necessity of warming up or cooling them down.
- Possibility of storing characteristics of 3 pH electrodes enables their quick replacing, very useful feature during field work.
- Automatic control of the electrode’s condition.
- Possibility of viewing the electrode's parameters (offset and slope).
- The measuring circuits of pH and conductivity are isolated what enables accurate and error free simultaneous measurements in this same vessel.
In the mV and redox potential measurement function:
- Precise Redox potential measurement (accuracy 0.1 mV).
- Possibility of mV measurement in relation to the set or measured reference potential (Vref).
In the conductivity measurement function:
- Full measuring range enables measurements in ultra pure water as well as in very salty solutions.
- 6 sub-ranges switched automatically.
- In case of measurements of natural water with conductivity from 60 μS/cm to 1 mS/cm the meter enables using non-linear temperature compensation. The parameters of this type of water are determined in norm EN27888:1999 and concern surface waters, deep water and well water. This solution lowers the measurement error.
- The measurement accuracy of the ultra pure water with temperature compensation was increased by automatic adjustment of the α coefficient depending on the temperature and kind of trace contaminations.
- Calibration by entering the constant K of the cell or in standard solutions in 1 to 5 points.
- Wide range of α coefficient 0 ÷ 10 % / °C chosen depending on the measured solution.
- Calibration by entering the constant K in range 0.010 ÷ 20.000 cm-1 or in buffer solution.
- Possibility to store constants K of 3 cells which cover whole measuring range.
- Wide range of the α coefficient 0 ÷ 10 % / °C chosen depending on the measured solution.
- Possibility of changing the reference temperature.
- Automatic calculation of conductivity into salinity in NaCl or KCl on the basis of the real characteristics instead of a constant coefficient, what greatly increases accuracy.
- Possibility of defining the TDS with entering the TDS coefficient in range 0.2 ÷ 1.0.
- The liquid resistivity measurement option added.
- Possibility to make measurements of electric admittance of tree seedlings (determining the vitality of seedlings with a special sensor).
- High accuracy conductivity cell ECF-1 available as additional equipment. Measuring range 0 ÷ 400 mS/cm sufficient for measurements in pure water and high salt concentration samples. Metal electrodes are easy to clean and PVC body protects it against mechanical damage.
In the oxygen measurement function:
- Automatic calculation of atmospheric pressure influence on oxygen concentration in water in mg/l.
- Automatic transfer of the salinity measured in the conductivity mode to the oxygen measurement mode with calculation of its influence on the oxygen content value.
- 1 or 2 point oxygen sensor calibration.
- In case of oxygen measurements it is recommended to buy an accurate, easy in use and maintenance galvanic COG-1 oxygen sensor.
- Wide measuring range enables measurements in lakes with blooming vegetation.
In the atmospheric pressure measurement function:
- Possibility of continuous observation of atmospheric pressure value on the meter’s screen.
- Internal clock with date.
- Memory of 3 temperature sensors parameters.
- Possibility of introducing a specific group of specially selected temperature sensor, what increases the measurement accuracy.
- Collecting up to 2000 data sets in the internal datalogger with temperature, time and date, single collecting and also taking series of measurements with given time interval possible – all measured functions are stored.
- Non-volatile memory of the stored results and calibration data
- Storing the date of next calibration and remembering it, in the right moment, to the user.
- Possibility of choosing the language of the displayed information: Polish, English or German.
- Possibility of connecting with a PC by a micro USB connector.
- Software for data transmission and collection delivered in the set.
- Powered with rechargeable batteries 2 x AA (1.5 V), or by power adapter with internal charging of batteries.
- Continuous work time up to 18 hours depending on the chosen function and set brightness of the screen.
- The meter meets the GLP requirements.
- 24 months of warranty for the meter.
In standars set the CT2S-121 temperature sensor with the Pt-1000S resistor added.
Affordable price taking into consideration the technical features, acuarcy and additional features.
|O2 (mg/l)||O2 (%)||Temperature|
|Range||-6.000 ÷ 20.000 pH||±2000.0 mV||
0 ÷ 2000.0 mS/cm
0 ÷ 239 g/l KCl
0 ÷ 296 g/l NaCl
|0 ÷ 60 mg/l||
0 ÷ 600 %,
in the air:
0 ÷ 100 %
-50.00 ÷ 200.00 °C
-58.00 ÷ 392.00 °F
223.15 ÷ 473.15 K
|±0.002 pH*||±0.1 mV*||
up to to 19.99 mS/cm ±0.1 %*
above 20.00 mS/cm ±0.25 %* /
salinity 2 %*
|±0.01 mg/l*||±0.1 %**||
|Temp. compensation||-5 ÷ 110 °C||-||-5 ÷ 70 °C||0 ÷ 40 °C||-||-|
|α coefficient||-||-||0.00 ÷ 10.00 %/°C||-||-||-|
|K constant||-||-||0.010 ÷ 20.000 cm-1||-||-||-|
|Resistance||Range: 0.500 Ωcm ÷ 200 MΩcm, accuracy ±2% of the measured value*|
|Air pressure range||800 ÷ 1100 hPa, accuracy ±2 HPa|
|Power||Rechargeable batteries: 2x AA 1.2 V, 5 V/1000 mA micro USB power adapter|
|Dimensions (mm)||L =149 , W = 82, H = 22|
|*||The accuracy of the meter only.|
|**||The accuracy of the meter only. With COG-1 or COG-2 oxygen sensor the accuracy at calibration temperature: ±1 %. By the difference ±5 °C accuracy: ±3 %, by the difference ±10 °C accuracy: ±5 %.|
|***||The accuracy of the meter only. The total error includes the meters and probe’s accuracy. In the range 0 ÷ 100 °C the acceptable error of the probe with Pt-1000S resistor: ±0.27 °C.|