LABORATORY pH / CONDUCTIVITY / SALINITY METER CPC-505
The most important features
- Very high accuracy meter for laboratory use.
- Measures pH, redox potential (ORP), conductivity, salinity, resistivity, TDS and temperature.
- Calibration in 1 to 5 points.
- In the pH function automatic correction of the pH standard solution value changes, along with the temperature changes for NIST standards.
- In the conductivity measurement function automatic selection of the temperature coefficient for natural and ultra pure water.
- Memory of 4 000 results.
- USB output.
- Meets the GLP requirements.
Detailed description:A device of high accuracy, which measures: pH, redox potential, conductivity, resistivity, salinity, TDS and temperature. The currently offered model has been modified and is equipped with new functions which make working easier and ensure higher accuracy.
- Large easy-to-read backlit LCD facilitates working.
- „HOLD” function enables freezing the result on the display.
- Signalisation of the result stabilisation with the „READY” symbol and a sound.
- Possibility of sending a calibration report to a PC - up to 10 last calibrations.
- Standardised procedures in all measuring functions make working easier.
In the pH measurement function:
- Depending on the chosen electrode making measurement in pure water, sewage or soil is possible.
- pH electrode calibration: 1 ÷ 5 points.
- Automatic detection of pH buffers, value may be entered by the user.
- Automatic correction of the standard solution value (NIST) with the temperature changes, what eliminates the necessity of warming up or cooling them down.
- Possibility to store 3 electrodes’ characteristics makes changing them easy.
- Automatic evaluation of the electrode’s condition.
- Possibility of the electrode's characteristic readout (offset and slope).
- The pH and conductivity measurement circuits are isolated, so there is no interference.
In the conductivity measurement function:
- Wide measuring range enables measurements in ultra pure water, natural water as well as in high conductivity samples.
- 6 sub-ranges switched automatically.
- Calibration by entering the K constant in the range 0.010 ÷ 19.999 cm-1 or in standard solutions in 1 – 5 points.
- Possibility of storing K constant of 3 conductivity cells.
- Possibility of changing the reference temperature.
- Wide range of α coefficient (0.00 ÷ 10.00 %/°C).
- In case of measurements of natural water with conductivity from 60 µS/cm to 1 mS/cm the meter enables using non-linear temperature compensation. The parameters of this type of water are determined in norm EN27888:1999 and concern surface water, deep water and well water. This solution lowers the measurement error.
- The measurement accuracy of the ultra pure water with temperature compensation was increased by automatic adjustment of the α coefficient depending on the temperature and kind of trace contaminations.
- Automatic conversion of conductivity into salinity in NaCl or KCl on the basis of the real characteristics and not a constant coefficient, what greatly increases accuracy.
- Defining the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) based on conductivity measurement.
- In set with high accuracy ECF-1 conductivity cell. Measuring range 0 ÷ 400 mS/cm sufficient for measurements in ultra pure water and high salt concentration samples. Metal electrodes are easy to clean.
In the redox (mV) measuring function:
- Precise redox potential measurement (accuracy 0.1 mV).
- Possibility to measure redox potential relatively to the entered or measured reference potential – Vref.
- Possibility of automatic calculation of the redox potential result in reference to standard hydrogen electrode.
- Automatic or manual temperature compensation.
- Internal clock with date.
- Internal datalogger enables storing up to 4000 measurements taken in series or singly with temperature, time and date.
- Storing the readouts and calibration data in non-volatile memory.
- Software for data transmission and collection delivered in the set.
- Stores the calibration date.
- USB output.
- The meter meets the GLP requirements.
- 24 months of warranty for the meter.
The standard set includes: ECF-1 conductivity sensor, CT2B-121 temperature sensor with Pt-1000B resistor, EPS-1 pH electrode for measurements in clean water. It should not be used in other types of liquids. Measurements in liquids with sediments should be made with use of IJ-44A pH electrode, which enables measurements in various samples of both pure and contaminated liquids and semi-solids. Its unusual construction („intermediate junction”) protects the real junction (diaphragma) of the electrode against clogging, ensures stable measurements in these types of liquids or semi-liquid masses, in which other electrodes stop working quickly. When properly handled and maintained the electrode's lifetime is longer than the standard electrodes.
|Range||-2.000 ÷ 16.000 pH||±1999.9 mV||
0 ÷ 1999.9 mS/cm
0 ÷ 296 g/l NaCl
0 ÷ 239 g/l KCl
|-50.0 ÷ 199.9 °C|
|±0.002 pH*||±0.1 mV*||
up to 19.99 mS/cm ±0.1%*
above 20 mS/cm: ±0.25%* /
salinity 2,0 %
|Temp. compensation||-5.0 ÷ 110.0 °C||-||-5.0 ÷ 70.0 °C||-|
|α coefficient||-||-||0.00 ÷ 10.00 %/°C||-|
|K constans||-||-||0.010 ÷ 19.999 cm-1||-|
|Resistance||Range: 0.500 Ωcm ÷ 200 MΩcm, accuracy ±2% of the measured value*|
|Temperature sensor||Pt-1000 standard or accurate|
|Power supply||12 V / 100 mA power adapter|
|Dimensions (mm)||L = 200, W = 180, H = 20/50|
|*||The accuracy of the meter only.|
|**||The accuracy of the meter only. The total error includes the meters and probe’s accuracy.
In the range 0 ÷ 100 °C the acceptable error of the probe with Pt-1000B resistor: ±0.8 °C, with Pt-1000A resistor: ±0.35 °C.