WATERPROOF pH / CONDUCTIVITY / SALINITY METER CPC-401
The most important features:
- Very high accuracy meter for use in the field and laboratory.
- Measures pH, redox potential (ORP), conductivity, salinity, TDS, resistivity and temperature.
- Backlit display enables observation of the chosen function and temperature.
- Calibration in 1 to 5 points.
- In the pH function automatic correction of the pH standard solution value changes, along with the temperature changes for NIST standards.
- In the conductivity measurement function automatic selection of the temperature coefficient for natural and ultra pure water.
- Memory of 4 000 results.
- USB output.
- Small size and weight.
- Waterproof housing.
- Meets the GLP requirements.
Detailed description:CPC-401 is designed for accurate measurement of: pH, redox potential, conductivity, resistivity, salinity and temperature. The currently offered model has been modified and is equipped with new functions which make working easier and ensure higher accuracy.
- Used for work in the field and in the laboratory.
- Waterproof housing (IP-66) facilitates work in difficult conditions.
- The meter is equipped with easy-to-read backlit LCD with brightness control.
- ”HOLD” function to freeze the result on the display.
- Signalisation of the result stabilisation withe the ”READY” symbol and a sound.
- Possibility of sending the calibration report to a PC - up to 10 last calibrations.
- Standarisation of the procedures in all measuring functions makes working easier.
In the pH measurement mode:
- Depending on the chosen electrode, making measurements in clean water, sewage and soil is possible.
- pH electrode calibration in 1 ÷ 5 points.
- Automatic detection of buffer solutions, introduced by the user.
- Automatic correction of the stored pH standard solution value along with the temperature changes for NIST standards, what eliminates the necessity of warming up or cooling them down.
- Storing of 3 pH electrodes’ characteristics enables their quick replacing – very useful feature during field work.
- Automatic evaluation of the electrode’s condition.
- Readout of the pH electrode condition and data - the offset and slope percentage may be viewed.
- The pH and conductivity measurement circuits are isolated, so there is no interference.
In the redox (mV) measuring function:
- Precise redox potential measurement (accuracy 0.1 mV).
- Possibility of making the relative measurement.
In the conductivity measurement function:
- Wide measuring range enables measurements in ultra pure water, natural water as well as in salines and chemical compounds.
- Resistivity measurement of the tested liquid.
- Salinity measurement in conversion to NaCl or KCl.
- Defining TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) based on conductivity measurement.
- 6 sub-ranges switched automatically.
- Wide range of α coefficient chosen depending on the type of measured solution.
- In case of measurements of natural water with conductivity from 60 μS/cm to 1 mS/cm the meter enables using non-linear temperature compensation. The parameters of this type of water are determined in norm EN27888:1999 and concern surface waters, deep water and well water. This solution lowers the measurement error.
- The measurement accuracy of the ultra pure water with temperature compensation was increased by automatic adjustment of the α coefficient depending on the temperature and kind of trace contaminations.
- Calibration by entering the constant K of the cell or in standard solutions in 1 to 5 points.
- Possibility of changing the reference temperature.
- In set with high accuracy ECF-1 conductivity cell. Measuring range 0 ÷ 400 mS/cm sufficient for measurements in ultra pure water and high salt concentration samples. Metal electrodes are easy to clean and PVC body protects it against mechanical damage.
- Possibility of storing K constants of 3 conductivity cells.
- Automatic conversion of conductivity into salinity on the basis of the real characteristics and not a constant coefficient, what greatly increases accuracy.
- Possibility to measure electric admittance of tree seedlings (checking the vitality of seedlings with a special sensor).
- Automatic or manual temperature compensation.
- Internal clock with date.
- Internal datalogger enables storing up to 4000 measurements taken as single or in series with time, temperature and date.
- Non-volatile memory of the stored results and calibration data.
- The next calibration date reminder.
- Possibility of connecting with a PC by micro USB connector.
- Change of the date protected by a password
- The data transmission software enables printout of the data in a form protected against any changes.
- Powered by rechargeable batteries, or power adapter with USB - micro USB cable.
- The meter meets the GLP requirements.
- 24 months of warranty for the meter.
- Software for data transmission and collection delivered in the set.
The standard set includes: ECF-1 conductivity sensor, CT2B-121 temperature sensor with Pt-1000B resistor, EPS-1 pH electrode for measurements in clean water. It should not be used in other types of liquids. Measurements in liquids with sediments should be made with use of the IJ-44A pH electrode, which enables measurements in various samples of both pure and contaminated liquids and semi-solids. Its unusual construction (”intermediate junction”) protects the real junction (diaphragma) of the electrode against clogging, ensures stable measurements in these types of liquids or semi-liquid masses, in which other electrodes stop working quickly. When properly handled, the electrode's lifetime is longer than the standard electrodes.
|Range||-6.000 ÷ 20.000 pH||±1999.9 mV||
0 ÷ 1999.9 mS/cm
0 ÷ 296 g/l NaCl
0 ÷ 239 g/l KCl
|-50.0 ÷ 199.9 °C|
|±0.002 pH*||±0.1 mV*||
up to 19.99 mS/cm ±0,1%*
above 20 mS/cm: ±0,25%* /
|Temperature compensation||-5.0 ÷ 110.0 °C||-||-5.0 ÷ 70.0 °C||-|
|α coefficient||-||-||0.00 ÷ 10.00 %/°C||-|
|K constant||-||-||0.010 ÷ 19.999 cm-1||-|
|Resistivity||Range: 0.500 Ωcm ÷ 200 MΩcm, accuracy ±2% of the measured value*|
|Temperature sensor||Pt-1000 standard or accurate|
|Power supply||Rechargeable batteries: 2x AA 1.2 V, 5 V/1000 mA micro USB power adapter|
|Dimensions (mm)||L = 149, W = 52, H = 22|
|*||The accuracy of the meter only.|
|**||The accuracy of the meter only. The total error includes the meters and probe’s accuracy. In the range 0 ÷ 100 °C the acceptable error of the probe with Pt-1000B resistor: ±0.8 °C, with Pt-1000A resistor: ±0.35 °C.|