WATERPROOF CONDUCTIVITY / SALINITY METER CC-404
The most important features
- Very high accuracy meter for use in the field and laboratory.
- Measures conductivity, salinity, TDS, resistivity and temperature.
- Cooperates with four-electrode conductivity cell.
- Backlit display enables observation of the chosen function and temperature.
- Calibration in 1 to 5 points.
- Possibility of entering the α coefficient in a wide range.
- In the conductivity measurement function automatic selection of the temperature coefficient for natural water.
- Memory of 4 000 results.
- USB output.
- Small size and weight.
- Waterproof housing.
- Meets the GLP requirements.
Detailed descriptionThe meter cooperates with four-electrode conductivity cell – its construction enables long-lasting work in liquid with sediment, oil and grease, saltwater or municipal waste. Frequent cleaning of the cell's electrodes is not required. It is not recommended for measurements in ultra pure water.
CC-404 is applied for highly accurate conductivity, resistivity, salinity and temperature measurements. It may be used in the field as well as in laboratory..
- The measuring range enables measurements in natural water, drinking water, beer, juice, saline and municipal waste.
- Equipped with an easy-to-read backlight display with brightness control.
- Signalisation of the result stabilisation with a “READY” symbol and a sound.
- “HOLD” function to freeze the result on the display.
- Salinity measurement in NaCl or KCl.
- Defining the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) based on conductivity measurement.
- 5 sub-ranges switched automatically.
- Wide range of α coefficient chosen depending on the measured solution.
- In case of measurements of natural water with conductivity from 60 µS/cm to 1 mS/cm the meter enables using non-linear temperature compensation. The parameters of this type of water are determined in the EN27888:1999 norm and concern surface water, deep water and well water. This solution lowers the measurement error.
- Calibration by entering the constant K of the cell or in standard solutions in 1 to 5 points.
- Possibility of sending a calibration report to a PC - up to 10 last calibrations.
- Possibility of changing the reference temperature value.
- Ability to store constants K of three cells, which cover the whole conductivity range.
- Automatic calculation of conductivity into salinity in NaCl or KCl on the basis of the real characteristics instead of a constant coefficient, what greatly increases accuracy.
- The meter enables resistivity measurement of the tested liquid.
- Internal clock with date.
- Internal datalogger - storing up to 4000 measurements taken singly or in series with time, temperature and date.
- Storing the next calibration date.
- Possibility of connecting with a PC by a micro USB connector.
- Change of the date protected by a password
- The data transmission software enables printout of the data in a form protected against any changes.
- Powered with rechargeable batteries or power adapter with USB cable.
- Waterproof housing (IP-66) facilitates work in difficult conditions.
- Small size and low weight make work in the field easier.
- 24 months of warranty for the meter.
The set includes ECF-4t four-electrode conductivity cell with bulit-in temperature sensor, case for the meter and accessories and pendrive with manual and software for collecting the data on the PC.
The range of ECF-4t: 20 µS/cm ÷ 400 mS/cm is sufficient for conductivity measurements in majority of liquids apart from the ultra pure water. Metal electrodes are easy to clean. Plastic housing protects from mechanical damage.
10 µS/cm ÷ 300.0 mS/cm
autorange - 5 subranges
NaCl 0 ÷ 296 g/l
KCl 0 ÷ 223 g/l
|0.500 Ωcm ÷ 100 MΩcm||-50.0 ÷ 80.0 °C|
|Accuracy (± 1 digit)||
up to 19.999 mS/cm ±0.1 %*,
above 20.00 mS/cm: ±0.25 %*
|±2.00 %*||±2 % of measured value*||0.1 °C**|
|Temp. compensation||-5 ÷ 70 °C||-|
|K constant||0.010 ÷ 19.999 cm-1||-|
|α coefficient range||0.00 ÷ 10.00 %/°C||-|
|Power||Rechargeable batteries: 2x AA 1.2 V, 5 V/1000 mA microUSB power adapter|
|Dimensions (mm)||L = 149, W = 82, H = 22|
|*||The accuracy of the meter only.|
|**||The accuracy of the meter only. The total error includes the meters and probe’s accuracy. In the range 0 ÷ 100 °C the acceptable error of the probe with Pt-1000B resistor: ±0,8 °C, with Pt-1000A resistor: ±0.35 °C.|